Saturday 4 October 2008

Some good news!

What a coincidence, I was talking with my crew mate tonight about a job we attended together which just so happens to be the one that I wrote about in my last post; the lady with a sub arachnoid hemorrhage. The incident happened about a month ago and I have been wondering how the patient was or if she even lived or died. Well my crew mate happens to live near the address and on his way home from work recently he bumped into the husband. He said that his wife was back home after successful surgery and was now up and about. Everything went well except she has lost the sight in one eye, but she is expected to make a full recovery in due course. Apparently it was a massive bleed and it was touch and go as to whether she would survive or not. He said thanks and was very grateful to us for what we did. To be honest we only played a small part in helping to save her life, OK we were able to stop her seizure, keep her well oxygenated and get her to hospital quickly but we musn't forget the great job that the ED team and the neuro surgeons did. They were the ones who actually diagnosed the problem and repaired it. OK, I queried a bleed but let's be honest that's just a hunch based on experience and nothing else. At the end of the day she is alive and well thanks to a good team effort at all levels. I'm glad those two girls now have their mummy back at home with them.

No comments: